2016 Community Impact
Your Monetary Donations Make An Impact
In addition to being allocated for future growth and maintenance of the Making Spirits Bright lights show, your monetary donations are helping other organizations in the community. This year we donated $44,250 to six local not-for-profit organizations to be used for efforts to feed the hungry and in support of programs that lead to self-sufficiency.
- Sheboygan County Human Rights Association for a Vision Screener Project
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters for their Lunch Buddies Program
- Sheboygan County YMCA for their Grant School Lunch Program
- Fresh Meals On Wheels Of Sheboygan County for Truck Maintenance which is Critical to their Meal Delivery
- RCS Empowers for the 5 O’Clock Club which is a group of RCS clients that have jobs but meet back at RCS for some social time
Consider Donating These Items When Visiting Making Spirits Bright
There is an increased, ongoing demand for personal hygiene items which don’t always come to mind when you think of a food pantry.
shampoo, deodorant, soap, diapers, toilet paper, feminine hygiene items, toothpaste
Following is a quick reference list of the most requested items:
MEATS, FISH AND PROTEIN
canned tuna, ham, chicken, beef stew, chili, peanut butter, canned/dried beans
FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
canned fruits and vegetables, fresh produce
boxed meals, hearty soups
rice, whole wheat pasta
flour, sugar, cooking oil
Also keep in mind to watch the expiration date of any donated items.